Tokavaig is roughly half way round the single track loop road that follows the west of Sleat from near Armadale north emerging back on the A851 near Toravaig.
By road Via Skye bridge….. Once over the bridge you follow signs to Broadford, and then take the turning off left(A851) just before you reach the town, signposted to Armadale. After about 11 miles turn right signposted to Ord, Tokavaig, Tarskavaig. Tokavaig is 2 miles beyond Ord and 6 miles off the main road. The Shed is the third house on the right after the cattle grid and sign. You will pass a brown log cabin and at a 14% sign you head right down a winding track.
- By ferry…..
- Head north from Armadale towards Broadford and at the sign to Tarskavaig, Tokavaig and Ord you turn left.
- Tokavaig is 8 miles along this road and you will see the shed as you climb a hill coming up from Tarskavaig Bay.
- If you reach Ord you have gone too far.
- From Easter to October you can arrive onto the island via the Glenelg to Kylerhea ferry. Well worth the detour.
- By train you can get a train either from Inverness to Kyle of Lochalsh or from Fort William to Mallaig. You can hire a car locally if required.
- The nearest airport is Inverness which is 2 1/2 to 3 hours by car.